Free Initial Consultation
Rely on Us to Defend Your Status as Guardian
Do you need to defend your status as a guardian or want to hand over that right to someone else? The legal team at Adler & Villanueva LLC can help you understand your options and take the right course of action. We can help you establish guardianship of adults. Call us today.
You can also count on us to get any information you need to protect your loved one. Find the most effective plan when working through the following issues:
- Relinquishing rights or initiating proceedings to have a guardian removed
- Establishing a guardianship for disabled adults — often for young adults with autism or muscular dystrophy, or elderly individuals suffering from Alzheimer's or dementia
- Defending against guardianship removal proceedings
Please note that we don't provide assistance regarding adoption matters.
Legal Assistance for Opposition of a Guardian
You can also rely on us to remove any guardian that you might find unsuitable to take care of your loved one. We'll walk you through every step of the process and help you with all the legal proceedings.
Our Guardianship-Related Legal Services
Includes analysis of a disabled person’s health and finances and creating estate planning documents. Also, petitioning the court for change in placement, disbursements from estate funds, or presentation of an annual account of the disabled person's property or assets.
This can include the matters of:
- Elder abuse and financial exploitation
- Citations to recover assets
- Removal of fiduciaries
- Validity of powers of attorney, designations of patient advocate, and other advanced directives
- Assessment of the most appropriate guardian for the disabled person
- Breach of fiduciary duty claims